Remember how you can't just stop breastfeeding? You have to ween the baby/ween your self? Yeah, after 24 hours and being in the MOST pain I've ever been in, I called my mom for advise/wisdom. I told her that I felt like I was going to die and my head hurt, my arms hurt, my legs hurt, my hands hurt, my feet hurt and my boobs were the size of my head...haha ( nice visual)
She then informed me that I needed to taper off. Imagine that? Sounds like common sense, I guess I have no common sense.
I have tapered to where I just nurse in the morning and not nurseing through out the day and then going all night by the time I wake up I am in so much pain and my boobs are also the size of my head.
ReplyDeleteOooooh, I so know what that feels like! I thought I had tapered off but nada! Cold cabbage leaves inside your bra work WONDERS!
ReplyDeleteWhen I gradually stopped breast feeding with my kiddos I started with feeding in the morning and right before bed. After doing that for about a week, I went to right before bed for a week or so and then every other day for a few days. I still had a little pain but not too bad. Maybe you don't want to take that long to taper off though.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say cabbage leaves also. I haven't done it, but the lactation consoltant told me to do so.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am sorry you had to experience that pain! Hope you get it all figured out!
ReplyDeleteUm it sounds like you have mastitis and need an antibiotic! You need to wean gradually... you can't just go down to one and none. If you're feeding six times a day go down to five for a few days and then four... etc. WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL ME??????? xoxo
ReplyDelete